9.05.2006

In The Redwoods of Big Sur

In the canyons of Big Sur, nurtured by the coastal fogs, the redwoods thrive. Getting to them is another story. The mountains are exceptionalloy steep in this area. One way in is the old coastal road which was the main highway north/south before Route 1 was built in the 1930s. The other way is by foot. I drove.
In the first picture you see where the old road begins its ascent from Route 1. Big Sur Valley is in the distance to the left. It is a climb into glory. What a trip!



Click on photos for full sized image.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I love all of your photos. Would you mind if I "steal" your photos now and then and put them on my desktop? I forgot to ask you last time I did that with your rocks and ocean photo that you had up a couple of weeks ago. I don't keep them or sell them or anything, but it sure makes my desktop attractive. I got lots of great comments on the rocks one. Anyway, I got rid of it because I didn't ask your permission, but I would like to use your trees and mist photo to brighten up my desktop. You are a fine photographer.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots of the landscape - those big trees are quite impressive species :)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:10:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

So this is where you've been. I really like the drive you had to make to get to see these giant beauties. Fantastic images!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home